Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One of These Things is not Like the Others

In case you were wondering, I'm the spoon in this scenario.

Have you ever started a story, thinking everyone will nod and smile along with your preamble and let you get to the meat of the story. . . only to be met with blank looks, then hysterical laughter, and then, "At what age did you start doing THAT?!"

At happy hour tonight (that's right, it may be Tuesday, but happiness still abounds) with a group of work gals ironing somehow became the topic of choice. I casually begin my story with, "Well, I never put clothes away in my closet until they are ironed..."

I thought this was fairly normal.

How wrong I was.

Does anyone who is not in my direct family do this?! It just makes so much sense to me (and my mom). In answer to the age question I had to bashfully admit I'd always done this which was met with yet more cackling and tearing up by the girls. I would like to clarify that I was only referring to the few items that truly HAVE to be ironed - it's not like I'm ironing t-shirts over here!

It is once again clear. I am not like the others, unless by 'others' you mean my mom.

4 comments:

  1. um, you totally iron your t-shirts, min. :)

    my version of ironing used to be throwing the wrinkled item in the dryer with a damp towel. but since getting into sewing, i now iron a few times a week and i actually enjoy it. (gasp!) i love how it transforms the look of a piece of clothing in minutes. it's gratifying. i know, i'm weird -- but again -- it's the little things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is kind of miraculous to watch wrinkles just disappear. It is a zen chore, but still a chore in my book:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My college roommate DID iron her tshirts (along with everything else)! I figured that was enough ironing for our room and kept to wearing my clothes wrinkled and comfortable...I miss college :)

    ReplyDelete