
Hate to break it to you, but in case you hadn't noticed and you are in San Antonio, TX, it is hot this summer. In fact we (and by "we" I mean the weather gods and I) have broken the record for number of 100 degree days in a year. This is not a good sign considering it is the beginning of August.
However, enough moaning and groaning. The oven live climate makes it the perfect summer for Prime Cultures to open its doors. This is a "real" frozen yogurt shop in Olmos Park. {For the skeptics: I will tell you now I blog about this place without incentive (nary a free topping as reward). I just want it to stay open.} What do I mean by "real" fro-yo, you ask? It has all the probiotics and a lot less sugar. Prime Cultures has lots of beautiful fresh fruit toppings, as well as nuts, granola, and cocoa pebbles (obviously)! Check it out so that I can keep my summer+yogurt=some-semblance-of-sanity equation working for me.
Prime Cultures is located on McCullough between Hildebrand and the Circle next to Slater White Cleaners. Worth venturing into the heat, I promise.
P.S. 'You don't have to take my word for it' [the weather record], feel free to check the facts for yourself: http://www.weather.gov/view/prodsByState.php?state=TX&prodtype=public Really fun formatting--Thanks weather.gov. To find the record scroll all they way down.

Really though Mind, is there such a thing as Fro-yo in 100 plus degree heat? Isn't there just a very very short moment between the time the fro-yo leaves the freezer and turns into a slurpee? This heat, by the way, was NOT in the brochure they gave me before I took the job down here. There was a note about 300 days of sunshine or something like that, but they failed to mention that the heat is so bad it's like a dress rehearsal for hell. Dan
ReplyDeleteBut what a beautiful short moment that is! I just found a quote on the texas tourism site that I think you'll appreciate:
ReplyDelete"While summer is hot with daily temperatures above 90 degrees 80% of the time, extremely high temperatures (100 degrees or more) and [sic] rare."
I think the typo is form heat stroke:)