
y oh my. Time flies. Since you last heard from me, I have successfully moved to Austin, started my new job, and set up my very own snazzy home office.
A few highlights:
- Marc taught me an easy way to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit so I don't embarrass myself with, "Oh my, 25 degrees, that is chilly!" So my new skill...drum roll please... (25 x 2) + 30 = 80 degrees Fahrenheit... not exactly sweater worthy.
- I'm also learning to convert workload from Celsius...Canada says 5 pages...they really mean 40 pages [(5x2) + 30]. As long as I know the conversion table, I'm all good.
- My desk now faces a floor to ceiling window overlooking green space. Lovely if I may say so myself. The only problem is around noon when the sun is in my eyes, but luckily the whole orbit thing works in my favor.
- My first week in Austin happened to coincide with Restaurant Week. Ate very well and tried out some locales that were new to me --Botticelli's and The Belmont to name two.
- Occassionally when I am driving around town, I have to look down at my stereo to see if I'm listening to the radio or my iPod. A radio station that plays music that I gusta?! What is that all about?!

love it, min! i've missed your blog posts! i hope this means you will be updating more often! ;)
ReplyDeletemuch love!